Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Orange Mulligatawny Soup



Do you know what Mulligatawny means??? It means "pepper water". This recipe came from the Pittsburgh Post Gazette and was a staple at Stouffer's Top of the Triangle in the 70's.

The soup was very rich and so good. I can't imagine what it's going to taste like after it's been sitting for a day. The combination of the chicken, orange juice, apples, tomatoes, garlic, curry powder and jasmine rice were awesome. I added some flat leaf parsley at the end with some orange zest. Hmmm. Ron brought home a loaf of Tuscan bread and it was on...I think Ron and I ate the entire loaf of bread. I felt pretty guilty after that but couldn't help myself. Bread and butter is my weakness.

I hope you enjoy the pictures. May they make you hungry!!!

Off to the gym and work off that loaf of bread!!

3 comments:

r said...

Where's the recipe?

Jen said...

looks awesome. is the recipe online? (i used to eat mulligatawny from The Whole Grain when i worked at SH Village Mall in high school--- so, so good!)

StampingBetty said...

yum where is the recipe!