Sunday, July 6, 2008

How I became the Ghetto Martha Stewart


In January 2001- My husband and I welcomed our 1st child Soren. Not only was I adjusting to motherhood, I was also adjusting to not working anymore. Soren and I quickly found our way. We had our routine down pat. Every morning from 9:30am - 11:00 am, I fed the baby and watched "The People's Court" with Judge Millian and at 10 was Martha. I feel in love. I finally had the time to dedicate and learn this important domestic skills. I was off to be the best Domestic Engineer ever!!!! My excitement turned to disappointment. I wasn't good at gardening, acheiving the perfect crease while ironing, or caring for my pet. I tried and I tried but I just couldn't do it. Cooking I could do. I spend many hours in the kitchen fumbling through her recipes. There was always one ingrediant that I never head of. I'll never forget my 1st one, Cornichons. I had no idea that was a french pickle. It took some searchs but I eventually found them. I loved the challenge. My first things I made were The Baked Mushroom Pasta. Then it was one to 30.00 mac and cheese

No comments: