Sunday, April 11, 2010

Back again with my AD/HD self.

Of course I can start with the typical "Hey! I'm back again" but why? I have the best intentions and would really love to add to this blog on a weekly basis, but the truth is, I can't. Sometimes I'm on and sometimes I'm off.

This week I happen to be on.

These next two weeks, money needs to be tightly budgeted. A lot of bills needed to be paid and we need to stick to our newly adopted budget so I am forced to be "on". Not to mention that our family spend almost 650.00 on food the past 2 weeks. That includes lunches and dinners out, small little grocery trips for odds and ends and for some reason, more groceries. That number is insane. With a clear plan I should be able to cut that number considerably. Needless to say, I NEED to be "on" more than some of the time. We are also trying to change from this unplanned, ad hoc dining approach so careful thought into meals is really needed.

What big challenges I have but i'm ready to face them. It's an exciting time for this family. Spring/Summer makes it so easy since rebirth is all around us.

Farmer's Market's will soon be in full swing and I just bought 2 huge bags of charcoal.

I have planned this weeks menu already. My grocery list is made and organized. I need to make a trip to Trax Farms tomorrow morning. Just this weekend, I found a cart of odds and ends consisting of fruits and vegetables that were marked down considerably. I will buy my veggies there before hitting the grocery store. It's an added stop but worth it. I mean i'd rather support a local farm than the big grocery store Giant Eagle. Not to mention that the Trax Family are really nice hard working people.

Here is the menu. I've decided to add breakfast and lunch because i'm that "on" this week!!

Monday: (B)Open faced Egg Sandwich with a slice of good Cheddar and Bacon on a flourless English Muffin. (L)Chicken Patty Pocket on Whole Wheat Pita with Yogurt sauce and Lettuce and Tomato. (D)Spring Risotto with Peas and Zucchini with a simple salad with a Balsamic Vinaigrette.

Tuesday:(B)Yogurt Parfaits(L)Bulgar Wheat Salad with Grapes and Feta(D)Terrayaki baked Chicken Wings with Brown Rice and Broccoli.

Wednesday: (B)Egg Sandwich (same as above) (L)leftover stuff (D) Grilled Pork Tenderloins with Apricot Jam with grilled Asparagus.

Thursday: (B)Yogurt Parfaits or Cereal (L)Waldorf Salad on Bibb Lettuce (D)Grilled Chicken with a Orange, Avocado and Red Onion Salsa with sautéed Green Beans with Hazelnuts or Almonds

Friday:(B)Oatmeal with fresh Strawberries and Blueberries (L)eat out (D)Grilled Flank Steak with Asian style Snap peas, Asparagus and Brown Rice.

Saturday: Who knows what's in between but for dinner we will be having Multi-Grain Penne with Hazelnut Pesto, Green Beans and Parmesan Cheese.

Check back for pictures and links to the recipes.

Have a splendid week.

1 comment:

pannay said...

Oh that sounds wonderful... can I come live with you all? I would love that menu!

I am an avid coupon clipper but realized when I do I end up with a pantry full of boxed, canned and frozen crap and not much fresh meat and veg. The only thing saving us money here is there is no where to eat out. Kinda sucks.